Saturday, June 12, 2010

Room Of Nowhere

On to the next point! Apartment! My apartment is a mess and looks like hell. Seriously. It's just another chaos that adds to my stress level and is in dire need of a restructuring. So here's the plan:

Clean up the place
Sort and organize stuff
Re-envision room design
Buy/sell/dump furniture
Paint
Re-design rooms

These steps will have to be done for six rooms all in all and since I'm playing with the thought of changing room structure & purpose (where is a working space, hobby space, living room, etc.) I will perform the steps one by one for all rooms at once. Of course I will still only clean up one room at a time, but first clean all rooms, then sort all rooms, then re-design.

Why re-design the whole thing and not just organize it? Easy. It doesn't have a real structure right now, one room is just a dumping area without any purpose and the arrangement of furniture confines me, narrowing free space down to a minimum. Free space always gives me a good feeling. A feeling of freedom and happiness. I have observed this effect when entering certain apartments of friends or relatives and I will follow their example.

Before it comes to redesigning, I will share a rough illustration of the blueprints. Maybe someone has some good ideas about it. Until then it's clean up time and I'm starting with it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment